Seth Dobbelaer is a Candidate For Newark City Council 6th Ward.
Seth Dobbelaer was born the youngest of 4 children. Rasied in Newark, Ohio and Homeschooled, he was taught the values of hard work and persistence at a young age by his two self employed parents. He has carried a vital work ethic and a deep rooted passion for public service through his years spent working at the Newark YMCA and volunteering at ARC & Amesville New England Parish camps, two summer programs focused on helping children and adults with special needs and children from all walks of life and financial backgrounds. Now a small business owner, apple farmer and active citizen, committed to building a strong community in which people from all walks of life can pursue their dreams on an equal playing field.
- We have a fundamental hindrance to our community's safety that is a result of Newark's growing issues with lack of funding for our public servants, such as Police and Firefighters. I will work every day to pursue new funding options to ensure that they have the resources necessary to get the job done.
- Improving our infrastructure is critical to a vibrant and thriving community. Our side streets, as well as main roads, must receive increased attention.
- A candidate that is ready to improve Newark by adopting fresh ideas, listening to constituents, working hard, and having an open mind.
- Passionate about meeting with constituents and learning how, together, we can build a stronger 6th Ward for everyone.
- Dedicated to working with healthcare professionals, as well as law enforcement, to tackle the disease of drug addiction and give those affected the tools they need to recover.
- Community engagement and involvement are two key elements for a successful city and they have been seriously neglected over the past 16 years in the 6th Ward. I plan to work everyday to improve that.